The massive, old church has stood for more than 450 years.
The Protestant church was built on the foundations of the previous church that burnt down at the start of the 16th century. Its remains can still be seen on the north and east sides of the chancel.
The Baroque altar from 1723, carved by Lübeck master Hieronymus Jakob Hassenberg, is the jewel of the nave. The beautifully painted coffered ceiling is worth seeing.
Old gravestones are embedded in the flooring; the oldest dates from 1404.
The evening concerts with the old organ played by candlelight have the best atmosphere.
Nov.–March: daily 9.00 am – Midday, Mon. closed
April – Oct.: daily 9.00 am – Midday
Tues.- Fri. : 1.00 pm – 4.00 pm, Mon. closed